unding to Improve Local Communities and Promote Financial Inclusion (Scotland)
Funding to Improve Local Communities and Promote Financial Inclusion (Scotland)
The Bank of Scotland Foundation has announced that the next closing dates for its small and medium grant making programmes is the 7th July 2017. The aim of the Foundations grant making is to support projects that improve and develop local communities and promote financial literacy and financial inclusion. The types of projects supported include:
- Initiatives designed to encourage the involvement in the community of those too often excluded
- Working with people on low incomes, at risk from poverty or with problems finding accommodation
- Improving the standards of local facilities
- Promoting financial awareness and money advice
- Developing and improving local communities
- Financial literacy and financial inclusion.
Through the small grants making programme, grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 are available and through the medium grants making programme grants of between £10,001 and £25,000 are available.
The Foundation also run a large grant making programme. This is currently closed to applications and will re-open in 2018. Applications can only be accepted from charities registered in Scotland.