Training for foster carers and support workers of unaccompanied asylum seeking children
Training for foster carers and support workers of unaccompanied asylum seeking children (UASC) who are at risk of going missing from care due to being onward trafficked
Department for Education
We are seeking a supplier to deliver a programme of training that will help build expertise and capacity amongst foster carers and support workers for UASC. The training should enable foster carers and support workers of UASC to;
• understand and respond to the particular needs and vulnerabilities of this group of children; and
• better understand and recognise the signs of trafficking and quickly gain their trust in order to prevent them from running away from a safe placement.
We would expect bidders to demonstrate their experience of delivery in this area with comprehensive knowledge of identifying and caring for trafficked children as well as an understanding of the issues that are particular to UASC.
We are looking for bidders with:
• A proven track record in delivering good quality training of this nature
• Capacity to start delivering training within 6 weeks of the contract being awarded.
• Relevant experience with local authorities and placement providers for UASC.
Value of contract (£) £100,000 – £200,000
Closing date 12 August 2016