Mayor of London new funding – Community Athletics Fund
The Mayor of London, in partnership with England Athletics, has launched a new fund for organisations to deliver athletics-based activities in the capital to coincide with London’s hosting the IPC and IAAF World Athletics Championships this summer.
The Mayor is inviting organisations to apply for a share of £400,000 to run athletics sessions and community events to promote their activities. Organisations can apply for grants of up to £20,000.
The Community Athletics Fund, that is part of England Athletics’ Team Personal Best Programme, provides the opportunity for local sports clubs, community groups and others (including local authorities and schools) to access funding to provide sport in the community, inspired by World Athletics Championships this summer.
There are 3 levels of funding available:
- Small grants (up to £4,000);
- Large grants (up to £20,000);
- Disability-focused projects (up to £10,000).
The aim of the Fund is to:
- Inspire organisations to run athletics activities to celebrate London’s hosting the World Athletics Championships
- Promote social integration and social cohesion through sport
- Increase the number of people in London taking part in athletics-based activities.
- Provide opportunities for people to sustain their participation in athletics in the future
Applications open on 15th March 2017 and the deadline for their completion is 17th April. Successful projects are expected to run between June and October 2017.
To register your interest and receive further information on the Fund, please check the GLA website: https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/sports/community-sports-programmes/major-sporting-events or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to the mailing list.
To find out more about Team Personal Best, please visit http://www.teampersonalbest.org/