London ESF Employment Construction Careers Programme
London Councils launches the Borough ESF Employment Construction Careers Programme
Priority 5 – Borough ESF Programme
London Councils is pleased to launch its second European Social Fund (ESF) Programme for 2016-18. The Borough ESF Employment Programme is funded by eight London Boroughs and matched by ESF. The participating boroughs are:
- London Borough of Camden
- London Borough of Islington
- London Borough of Lambeth
- The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
- London Borough of Southwark
- London Borough of Wandsworth
- City of Westminster
The Programme will work under: ESF Priority Axis 1 – Inclusive Labour Markets – Priority 1.1 ‘Access to Employment for Job-Seekers and Inactive People – Improve the employability and skills of the long term unemployed and economically inactive people. Therefore, this Programme’s investment will support economically inactive and the long-term unemployed who are disadvantaged to tackle their barriers to work and sustainable employment.
The Programme will provide £1.85m of funding between 14 November 2016 to 31 December 2018. It will aim to:
- improve the employability of the economically inactivity and long-term unemployed individuals, so that they can compete effectively in the construction industry
- provide tailored support for those with particular labour market disadvantage(s) (as detailed in the Participant Target Groups section of the Prospectus) to improve participants’ job readiness and sustainability in employment
- encourage inactive people to participate in the labour market and to improve their employability
- achieve the training and qualifications required so that they can effectively compete in the construction labour market
The Construction Careers Programme’s prospectus and its application documents are available on the Documents page. Please note that all participants must be eligible to work in the UK and not be on the DWP Work Programme. London Councils will fund provision in the eight London boroughs and organisations are strongly recommended to begin developing partnerships.
Applications must be submitted online by 21 October 2016
What is required to apply
Frequently asked questions and supplementary information will also be uploaded to Documents page.
How to apply
For details on how to apply please see the London Councils Borough ESF Employment Programme 2016-18 Prospectus. Please refer to the London Councils Borough ESF Employment Programme 2016-18 Prospectus for the eligibility criteria before making an application to see if your organisation is eligible.