livin Futures Employability
livin Futures Employability
Livin Housing Limited
livin is a Homes and Communities organisation managing over 8,500 homes across County Durham. Our mission is ‘providing great homes sustaining strong communities and building a successful business.’ We recognise that to make communities vibrant places to live, we must do more than just letting and repairing homes.
Our award winning livin Futures programme is developed to work closely with our communities to improve employment and training opportunities, health and financial confidence and to bridge the digital divide that exists within our communities.
livin Futures comprises of a complementary set of long, medium and short term interventions (pathways) to support people, of all abilities, into employment. These pathways, which are ever evolving include: school-based programmes, skills foundations, one to one mentoring and work experience, which inspire people by: raising aspirations, improving confidence, and increasing skills levels, resulting in securing employment
livin is recognised locally for making an impact on the lives of local residents. livin Futures goes above and beyond the traditional duties of a landlord by delivering a work programme aimed at tackling unemployment and improving financial confidence for our customers.
In the past 12 months, livin Futures has:
- Generated GBP 4.7 million in social value
- Helped 185 people, into full time employment or apprenticeships, therefore reducing benefit dependency and improving wellbeing
- Engaged 1,500 people (aged 14 yrs +) to undertake work experience, employability support, vocational training and qualifications; providing opportunities for people to build confidence, preparing them for the world of work, inspiring them to aim towards their chosen career and providing opportunities which they otherwise would not have had.
As we move towards the Universal Credit roll out, we know our customers are and will continue to struggle financially. We are therefore looking for a dynamic employability service provider to join our partnership, to work with customers and tenants in an innovative and engaging manner. It is expected that 600 customers (including 300 tenants) will develop their skills to improve their employability.
The success of the project over the 2 years will be measured on:
– 250 customers (including 125 tenants) progressing into employment
– 200 customers (including 100 tenants) progressing into training or Further Education
– 60 customers (including 30 tenants) accessing volunteering opportunities
– 300 customers (including 150 tenants) achieving qualifications
We are inviting interested parties to come and join us at a market engagement day to discuss what service providers could bring to livin Futures ahead of our Invitation to Tender for the livin Futures Plus contract
Approach to market date 26 June 2017
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders Web Site at http://www.myTenders.org/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=197595.