LEADER Funding for Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham (Wales)
Community groups in Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham can now apply for LEADER funding to support new, innovative pilot projects that aim to test new ideas which benefit the rural area through new jobs and growth and tackling poverty in the rural area. The LEADER programme is part of the Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme 2014 – 2020. The programme will be able to provide financial support towards up to 70% of a project’s costs. Eligible costs include professional fees and services, and some small scale equipment costs (no more than £10,000 inc. VAT). Possible projects could include:
- Feasibility studies
- Pilot projects testing an innovative new idea or concept.
Each project will need to fit with one of the five LEADER themes:
- Adding value to local identity and natural and cultural resources
- Facilitating pre-commercial development, business partnerships and short supply chains
- Exploring new ways of providing non-statutory local services
- Renewable energy at Community level
- Exploitation of digital technology.
Applicants should contact the relevant Programme Office for the theme to discuss your idea and if it’s eligible you will be invited to make a written proposal for consideration by the Local Action group.
The LAG will consider project proposals on a quarterly basis throughout the lifetime of the programme, the first deadline submission date is 15th February 2016.