Games Development Fund Now Open to Applications
The aim of Creative England’s Game Development Fund is to stimulate the commercial development and growth of the games industry in the English regions, outside of Greater London, by providing investments of between £50,000 and £150,000 to game studios that can demonstrate high growth potential.
The investments will be made for the development and commercial release of new game IP and will be made under a commercial basis under a revenue share scheme.
To be eligible to apply to this fund companies must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be based in any of the English regions outside of Greater London (Applicants should refer tothis map).
- Have previous, demonstrable game development experience.
- Qualify as an SME and be registered at Companies House.
- Have been trading for a minimum of 3 years and be able to show a minimum of £100,000 revenue in their most recent company accounts.
- Be able to provide a minimum of £1 of private match funding for every £1 Creative England invests.
The scheme operates on a rolling basis with a first come first served approach until all funds have been distributed.