Funding Opportunity – New Anglia LEP Funding for Rural Businesses
New Anglia LEP Funding for Rural Businesses (East England)
DEFRA has put out a call for applications for investments that will support new and existing rural micro and small enterprises to expand and help farmers diversify into non-agricultural activities and create new jobs.
Grants of £50,000 to £140,000 are available to cover up to 40% of the total costs for projects in the New Anglia LEP area. Priority will be given to:
• Micro and small businesses in the food and drink sector seeking to expand
• Farmers seeking to diversify into non-agricultural activity that will create two or more jobs.
Examples of activities the funding will support include:
• Investment in new technology, processes or equipment to improve productivity
• Farm diversification activities
• Construction and development of workshops, factories and other premises and facilities, and investment in equipment and machinery.
The first stage is to submit an outline application and if successful you’ll be asked to submit a full one.
Applications can be submitted at any time until the 30th September 2016.