European Youth Foundation
The European Youth Foundation (EYF) is a fund established in 1972 by the Council of Europe to provide financial and educational support for European youth activities
The purpose of the fund is to encourage co-operation in young people throughout Europe by supporting European youth activities which promote peace, understanding and co-operation whilst adhering to the Council of Europe’s fundamental values such as human rights, democracy, tolerance and solidarity.
Financial support is available to non-governmental youth organisation or networks or other non-governmental structures involved in areas of youth work which are relevant to the schemes objectives.
The types of activities that are eligible for financial support are as follows:
- Educational, social, cultural and humanitarian activities of a European character.
- Activities aimed at strengthening peace and co-operation in Europe.
- Activities designed to promote closer co-operation and better understanding among young people in Europe, particularly by developing the exchange of information.
- Activities intended to stimulate mutual aid in Europe and in the developing countries for cultural, educational and social purposes.
- Studies, research and documentation on youth matters.
The programme has an annual budget of €3,000,000.
Funding values according to activity are as follows:
One-off international/European co-operation activity – maximum grant per activity €20,000.
Annual work plan – maximum grant of €50,000.
Structural/administrative grant – maximum annual grant for international NGOs/networks: €25,000.
A regional youth NGO/network can apply for a one-off administrative grant in order to set up a European secretariat/co-ordination body of up to €10,000.
Ad hoc pilot activity – maximum grant per activity €10,000.
There are two deadlines each year: 1 April for international activities and work plans; 1 October for international activities, work plans and structural grants (regional networks). Applications for pilot activity can be made at any time.