Apprenticeship Pilot Scheme – Provision of Apprenticeship Training Agency (ATA) Services
The University of Birmingham
The University of Birmingham is developing an internal apprenticeship programme. The programme will be piloted from September 2016. The pilot programme will look to recruit 10 to 15 apprentices working in different areas of the University including:
• Hospitality and Accommodation Services (Catering, Hospitality, Child Care, University of Birmingham Sport, Post and Portering) ;
• External Relations;
• IT Services;
• Technical roles within Colleges;
• Administrative roles within Colleges;
• Creative Media.
The University of Birmingham is looking to engage an Apprenticeship Training Agency (ATA) to lead on the following activities:
• Hold the employment contract for the apprentices recruited;
• Complete all activities associated with the employment contract including payroll;
• Support the University in finding suitable training providers;
• Engage agreed training providers through a service level agreement;
• Joint manage the relationship with the training providers;
• Proactively support the University in recruiting apprentices;
• Assist as required with recruitment procedures;
• Liaise with the University to ensure effective induction;
• Joint manage the performance and progression management of apprentices;
• Joint manage the quality of service delivery from training providers.
Applications will only be accepted from an Apprenticeship Training Agency (ATA) recognised by the Skills Funding Agency. If suppliers are in the process of being recognised we will need assurance from the Skills Funding Agency that the ATA status will be confirmed prior to the September 2016 launch date.
Value of contract (£) £100,000 – £150,000
Closing date 12 April 2016