Adult Education Cheshire West and Chester
Cheshire West and Chester
Cheshire West and Chester Council is funded by the Skills Funding Agency to secure adult education opportunities in the borough of West Cheshire and Chester. The main focus of the Skills and Employment team is tackling unemployment and particularly long term unemployment across the borough. During 2016/17, a large proportion of our funding will be targeted for delivery through external organisations to support outcomes for adults aged 19+ who face a range of challenges/barriers to securing sustainable employment.
Throughout 2016 -17 we will be commissioning provision that will provide adults with the skills, support and confidence to enable them to secure employment. To meet this aim, we are particularly interested in funding bids from partners specifically tackling the barriers people face when trying to secure employment and/or progress at work including:
- Work related skills eg IT, English, maths and work-related personal skills with a focus on progression into further learning and/or work.
- Job Clubs looking at CV development, interview techniques, job search, personal impact etc.
- Provision that tackles health issues and promotes healthy lifestyles and/or positive mental health in priority wards eg Healthy Eating, Work Fit, Developing Personal Resilience, Mindfulness with links to employability
- Setting up and running your own business.
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Community capacity building provision eg volunteer development provision, increasing civic participation and mentoring.
- Vocational sector specific provision that provides a gateway to local employment opportunities including Sector Based Work Academies in partnership with employers and DWP.
Closing date 26 September 2016